Feature request

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Tell me about functionality you need.

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:15 AM
Edited Dec 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM

I see one probable usage of such thing by me -  Storing matrices with data obtained from Hierarchical Temporal Memory algorithms or other sort of "fuzzy" data. So if project will go to storing and reading matrices (.NET arrays) and tree-like hierarchies(it's OK to loose connections) fast and I will use it for sure. And probably support .NET Compact or .NET Micro.

"Our intelligent machines will need lots of memory. We will probably start building
them using hard drives or optical disks, but eventually we will want to build them
out of silicon as well. Silicon chips are small, low power, and rugged. And it is only
a matter of a time before silicon memory chips could be made with enough
capacity to build intelligent machines. In fact, there is an advantage intelligent
memory has over conventional computer memory. The economics of the
semiconductor industry is based on the percentage of chips that have errors. For
many chips even a single error will make the chip useless. The percentage of good
chips is called the yield. It determines whether a particular chip design can be
manufactured and sold at a profit. Because the chance of an error increases as the
size of the chip does, most chips today are no bigger than a small postage stamp.
The industry has boosted the amount of memory on a single chip not by making
the chip larger but, mostly, by making the individual features on the chip smaller.

But intelligent memory chips will be inherently tolerant of faults. Remember, no
single component of your brain holds any  indispensable item of data. Your brain
loses thousands of neurons each day, yet your mental capacity decays at only a
slow pace throughout your adult life. Intelligent memory chips will work on the
same principles as cortex, so even if a percentage of the memory elements come
out defective, the chip will still be useful and commercially viable. Most likely, the
inherent tolerance to errors of brainlike memory will allow designers to build chips
that are significantly larger and denser than today's computer memory chips. The
result is that we may be able to put a brain in silicon sooner  than current trends

might indicate." Jeff Hawkins - On Intelligence

Coordinator
Dec 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM

It really can do that, store and read that kind of data, because it actually can store/read any type thanks to the Newtonsoft.Json library functionality . I'm just sorry there still a few problems : memory freeing is to slow for now, and QueryManager doesn't delete any old files on the disk. I'll fix that in the next month, because I have a lot of work for now.

Can you show me any example of using this project ? I'll help you to do that.